Tuesday 30 November 2010

Idea change

In this weeks lesson on monday, I was still unhappy about the idea I had, but I have now come up with a new idea, which is to create a 'Flatpack toy'.

A flatpack toy is a built up 3D image which you design on card and use the netting to create it into a 3D image. I have already had a go at this, and for my first try I attempted to do it on paper and it didn't work out as everything didn't stay together, so I just stuck it into my sketchbook instead. My next step is to create the same image, but I will do it on card instead, as it will hold together that way. The person who I am building up as a flatpack is 'Barack Obama', but for my final design I am going to create my own design.

Here is a flatpack design which I found on the cubeecraft website:

This is the netting of the image:



Final Product:

No comments:

Post a Comment