Saturday 4 September 2010

Two types of canvas stretching styles

There are two different types of canvas stretching styles and I have done both of the styles over the weekend. I am now going to show you the different styles with their names and with a short explanation of how they're different.

Gallery: This is the style which I done for my first ever canvas stretch and below is a picture of me holding a gallery canvas style. Gallery is when the picture is only shown on the front of the canvas leaving the edging white (the colour of the canvas).

Wrapped: This style is different to gallery because the picture surrounds the whole canvas so there is no blank part of the canvas, and the picture is around the sides of the canvas aswell so it wrapped round the frame. Below is a picture of me holding a wrapped canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment