Saturday 4 September 2010

Practise (Canvas Stretching)

Over the weekend I have been practising stretching canvas and i think that overall I have done a very good job considering it was my first time ever doing it. My dad told me what to do but as a challenge he wasn't properly showing me how to do it, he would just say if im doing it wrong and then I would have to figure out by looking at the pieces how to do it.

Here are a few pictures with explanation of what I am doing:

Pic 1: In this photo I am beginning to make the frame with the four pieces of wood.

Pic 2: Again, I am putting together the frame by fitting the gaps in the wood together.

Pic 3: In this phot I am making sure that the frame is straight and not at all wonky, so I am ding this by pushing the wood tightly.

Pic 4: Here you cansee that I am making sure the photo is on the frame properly, so that there are no odd bits showing.

Pic 5: I am stapling the picture to the frame so that it can't move around when I turn it back over.

Pic 6: Because the picture wasn't absolutely straight I had to use a canvas stretcher (as you can see in my hand) and pull the picure round until I could just see the edge ofthe photo coming round the side of the frame.

Pic 7: Here is the finished product with all of the equipmeny I used along he way. I am pleased wit my final work as it is a practise and my first ever go.

No comments:

Post a Comment