Tuesday 14 September 2010

Origins of Dance movies (research)

I found a website which has information on the origins of dance movies from 1948-2008. The website is called DanceHelp.com and it hasn't got everything up to date but it still gives a list of dance movies which I didn't even know about.

I also looked on wikipedia to see if that could help me in my search to find out about the history and origins of dance movies and I found a part which is called Dance in film. On this site I came across quite a lot of things. There was one film which was produced in 1948 called the 'Red Shoes', which is a ballet film, and this links to a lot of older films which are mainly all ballet films, but a massive change has occurred nowadays in which most films are all about street dancing and dancing competitions and there is always romance in mainly all recent dance films. In newer films/2000's films like 'you got served' this is where the street dancing competitions start to become popular in a range of dance films. A fairly new dance film called 'Dance Flick' has taken a different approach in which they still keep the street dance side to it, but with a comedy twist.

Red Shoes trailer:(1948)


You got served trailer:(2004)


Dance Flick Trailer:(2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment