Friday 2 July 2010

My view on the Saatchi Gallery

When we went to the Saatchi gallery in London I was thinking that it would be very boring because of past experiences of going to galleries and muesiums, but I actually found the Saatchi gallery to be quite cool and interesting. I really enjoyed looking ayt very odd and unusual paintings and sculptures. As I walked into the gallery the first thing I saw inside of the gallery was the oil art work. When I first saw it I was very confused and didn't understand what it was, but once I got told that it was oil reflecting off whats on the ceiling, I then understood what it was, which made me become very interested in it and I wanted to know more about it. A quote which I found from 'Chmie Reid' was "Today, art is much more varied and reflects the diverse and complex nature of the world more broadly" I think that this sums up the oil work completely.

As I was walking round it wasn't just these strange things that were interesting me, it was also strange paintings that got me looking around. One of these paintings was a swan with a human hand, I liked this very much because it is odd and unusual so I picked up on this art work. One quote that represents this is from 'Phoebe Unwin' which says "I'm interested in painting things that can not necessarily be seen..." and this painting can not be seen in the way that it is out of the ordinary.

Overall, the Saatchi gallery was a great inspiration for me and I enjoyed most of the day looking around at lots of different modern day YBA (young british art), but I agree with 'Sigrid Holmwood' when she says "YBA art seemed to be pointing its finger at you..." meaning it is almost aimed at younger people to be influenced by, but I would rather be influenced by an artist like Picasso when it comes to starting an arrt project and being inspired by art.

No comments:

Post a Comment