Friday 2 July 2010

My analysis on Eugenie Scrace's Trunkated Trunk


Why is it art?

I think that this is seen as art because she was the first person to see it as being art. I think that this is very unusual and the fact that she bought it off the counsil is another thing because she must have looked at it and analysed it for a while and then said to herself, this is art.


Is it good or bad art?

In my opinion this is bad art because I don't see the creativity behind it as she didn't actually make it, she just bought it, looked at it, and then must have said 'This is art'. I can never look at this and say 'wow' this is great art, because it has been found by someone, not actually made by someone. On the other hand, my friend Liam says that it is good art because even though it has been found by her and not actually created by her, she has seen the artistic side to it so that is all that matters, which I think is a fair arguement.


Does it matter?

I don't think that it really matters, because it is actually quite interesting to see what other people see as being art, and this piece is a great example for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment